UBS Enviornment Awarded Prestigious LEED Inexperienced Constructing Certification |
Enviornment is First Oak View Group Owned & Operated Venue to Get hold of Extremely Touted Recognition
BELMONT PARK, N.Y., Jan. 27, 2023 /PRNewswire/ — UBS Enviornment introduced as we speak that it has been awarded LEED Licensed standing. LEED (Management in Power and Environmental Design), developed by the U.S. Inexperienced Constructing Council (USGBC), is essentially the most broadly used inexperienced constructing score system on the earth and a global image of excellence. By means of design, development and operations practices that enhance environmental and human well being, LEED-certified buildings are serving to to make the world extra sustainable.
“We’re excited that UBS Enviornment was awarded LEED certification. This acknowledgement highlights the dedication we put forth in its efforts to be environmentally aware when designing and setting up our venue,” stated Kim Stone, President of UBS Enviornment and Government Vice President of OVG East Coast. “As a founding member of GOAL (Inexperienced Operations & Superior Management) and the primary OVG Owned & Operated venue to attain this prestigious certification, we’re proud that UBS Enviornment is on the forefront of sustainability.”
UBS Enviornment achieved LEED certification for implementing sensible and measurable methods and options in areas together with sustainable web site improvement, water financial savings, vitality effectivity, supplies choice and indoor environmental high quality. Inexperienced buildings enable corporations to function extra sustainably and provides the individuals inside them a more healthy, extra snug area to work and play. Certification is proof that buildings are going above and past to make sure the area is designed and constructed to the very best degree of sustainability.
Key focal factors and methods used to attain this certification embody:
- UBS Enviornment’s excessive efficiency is particularly designed to scale back vitality prices. UBS Enviornment makes use of warmth restoration expertise, LED lighting, high-performance glass and different environment friendly design practices to scale back vitality by over 15%. In operations, this might be constantly tracked and validated by way of GOAL.
- The venue supplies devoted recycling stations to attenuate the constructing’s operation waste stream by diverting glass, steel, paper, cardboard and plastic from landfills.
- The venue is designed to scale back indoor potable water use by over 40% with the set up of low-flow flush and circulation fixtures.
- UBS Enviornment makes use of all environmentally pleasant cleansing merchandise. This places much less stress on the native water system and promotes a wholesome ecosystem.
- The constructing supplies air high quality exceeding the ASHRAE 62.1-2010 customary to offer consolation and well- being for occupants, together with using MERV13 air filters.
- UBS Enviornment’s location and proximity to native transit providers for company and guests helps scale back greenhouse gasoline emissions and fight local weather change.
- Native vegetation and excessive effectivity irrigation methods assist scale back the sector’s out of doors water consumption by over 50%, saving water and selling wholesome ecosystems with native habitat restoration.
- The shade bushes and web site panorama present a number of advantages like combating the city warmth island impact, lowering rainwater run-off, selling habitats by way of wholesome ecosystems and creating alternatives to attach with nature.
“LEED is a transformative software that ensures a constructing is designed and operated to attain excessive efficiency, enhance human well being and shield the setting,” stated Mahesh Ramanujam, president and CEO, USGBC. “By prioritizing sustainability, UBS Enviornment is main the way in which of their business and serving to USGBC proceed in the direction of our purpose of inexperienced buildings for everybody inside this era.”
Certification is proof that buildings are going above and past to make sure the area is constructed and operated to the very best degree of sustainability. Greater than 118,000 industrial initiatives are presently collaborating in LEED, comprising greater than 27 billion gross sq. ft of LEED-certified area in all 50 states and greater than 180 international locations and territories.
About UBS Enviornment
UBS Enviornment at Belmont Park is made for music and constructed for hockey. New York’s latest premier leisure and sports activities venue and residential of the New York Islanders is developed in partnership with Oak View Group, the New York Islanders, and Jeff Wilpon. The state of the artwork enviornment opened in November 2021 and has welcomed quite a few high artists together with Harry Kinds, Sebastian Maniscalco, Billie Eilish, Dua Lipa, TWICE, Eagles, John Mayer, Kendrick Lamar and Submit Malone. The venue will host greater than 150 main occasions yearly, whereas delivering an unmatched reside leisure expertise together with clear sightlines and premier acoustics.
UBS Enviornment was awarded LEED Inexperienced Constructing Certification in January 2023. By means of design, development and operations practices that enhance environmental and human well being, LEED-certified buildings are serving to to make the world extra sustainable. The constructing additionally achieved carbon neutrality for operations in Fall 2022, which makes it the primary enviornment to take action on the jap United States seaboard. For extra data on the venue’s sustainability efforts, please go to UBSArena.com/sustainability.
Situated on the historic grounds of Belmont Park, UBS Enviornment is situated simply half-hour by LIRR from Penn Station and is definitely accessible from throughout the area by way of mass transit or automotive. To plan your journey, please go to UBSArena.com/plan-your-trip.
For added data, please go to UBSArena.com or @UBSArena on Fb, Instagram and Twitter.
Concerning the U.S. Inexperienced Constructing Council
The U.S. Inexperienced Constructing Council (USGBC) is dedicated to a affluent and sustainable future by way of cost-efficient and energy-saving inexperienced buildings. USGBC works towards its mission of market transformation by way of its LEED inexperienced constructing program, sturdy academic choices, a global community of local people leaders, the annual Greenbuild Worldwide Convention & Expo, the Middle for Inexperienced Colleges and advocacy in help of public coverage that encourages and permits inexperienced buildings and communities. For extra data, go to usgbc.org and join on Twitter, Fb and LinkedIn.
Scoop Advertising for UBS Enviornment Kerry Graue
View unique content material to obtain multimedia:https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/ubs-arena-awarded-prestigious-leed-green-building-certification-301731711.html
SOURCE UBS Enviornment
Leave a Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.